eluding the real me

aqualung - jethro tull
the bravery - out of line
baha men - best years of our lives
micheal buble & nelly furtado - quando quando quando
rogue wave - endless shovel


shifted!!!

Sunday, May 23, 2004

read it

found this in one of my yahoogroups i joined. it's like looking at life through a lens. i like it alot. and im still fucked up. just read it, ok?


STEP IN LIFE

I'm a baby
Opening my eyes for the first time
Opening my hands to close them again in my mother's fingers
Walking my first steps of life.

I'm a child
Getting to learn my first lessons of real life
Don't understand a few things,
Why can't I eat all the candies I want?
And I'm taking another step in life.

I'm a teenager
Getting to know how life really is
Experiencing the first bittersweet drops of love, injustice and madness
Trying to decide about my future
And trying to break the links from home.
Preparing for the next step of life

I'm the adult
I'm the parent, the responsable one
I'll watch life all around me grow as I become older and older
I work, I sweat, I come home tired
I find beauty in the smallest things
And as I watch my kids I pray to God for everything good to them.
My steps are easy to be seen.

I'm ancient now
I've walked what I had to walk
I've seen what I had to see
I've heard what I had to hear
And as flames eat my body, as salt gets into my bones, as wind
takes my ashes away
I still learn
And I know that, as from the ashes a phoenix rises,
I shall rise again
And step back in life.

Ana Reis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home